Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

I don't appreciate you.  I won't say I don't like you, but I don't appreciate you.

Why did you write the things you wrote?  Are you worried about my salvation?  Worried that my relationship with God is not like yours?  Are you so insecure in your faith, that you need everyone's faith to look the same?

When you wrote your first comment I could respect that your faith is different and led you to blame our situation on the devil; can you not accept that my faith leads me to believe that our situation is a gift of God?  Why do you feel the need, even after we explained how we view our life as part of God's plan (and not an attack from the devil) to correct us, saying "we walk around ignorant... and can you not stretch your faith"?  Who are you to try to take away my method of coping with this alternate lifestyle that I believe was blessed on our family?

Mahatma Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."  This quote sums up how I view your entire rant.  Why do you use a message of hate to send a message of love?  If you truly wanted to help, could you not have sent encouraging words, instead of correcting me to tell me that the devil created the way my beloved son is?  I don't think your intent was to encourage me.  I think your intent was to show how wise you are in your faith.  "Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words."  That is my advice to you.

"The very fact that your family is resistant to what the Docs say is his future based on his symptoms tells me you don't accept this journey as a blessing."

Really?  Do you try to help your child with their struggles?  Does that make your view of parenting any less of a blessing?  And what do you know about my journey anyways?


"I would not want to serve a God that put something potentially life threating on my child just to teach me something."

Ok, so you just want to serve a God that would put something potentially life threatening on others children and His own?  Did God not tell Abraham to kill Isaac?  Do you not serve Abraham's God?  Did He not sacrifice His own Son for us all?  Is is so hard to believe that He would create Dominic differently for a purpose?  Can you not stretch your faith to believe that?

Why would you assume that God views death as a negative?  Does He not ultimately want my son with Him?  Is that not all of our goals?  We as christians are taught to triumph in death.  No, I don't want to lose my son, but isn't that because I am left behind?

"Would you hurt your baby to teach him? No."

Yes, yes I would.  Right now I am sending my other son to a new preschool because that is what is best for him.  He does not understand why I would take him away from his beloved teacher and all his best friends, but he's growing up.  It's time for him to go to school.  He doesn't understand, and I am hurting him every day by pushing him to grow.  Do you not put your child in time out?  Does that not hurt them to teach them?  So why can't God put situations in our life that aren't easy and maybe we don't understand, but are ultimately for our own good.

"I am not condemning you or saying your baby is bad or unwanted but God creates everyone beautifully and wonderfully.Couldn't you stretch your faith farther to believe God wants Gommy talking, walking, running, living a long life instead of the latter?" 

What the hell are you even trying to say here?  That God did not create my son beautifully and wonderfully?  Instead my son was created by the devil since you believe he created my son's brain structure?  One of my rules of life is that if you have to say it, it's not true.  There are no exceptions to this rule.  For instance, if you are wearing a shirt that says sexy or princess, you are neither of those things.  So, if you need to specify that you don't think my baby is bad or unwanted, you clearly do.

Who are you to say that God does not find value in my son's condition?  My faith leads me to believe that my son is who he is because of God.  This was God's intent for my family, not that God would stand idly by while Satan ate my son's brain.  Why do you assume God sees not being able to talk or walk as a negative?  Just because you do?  Do you really believe that God views my son as any less perfect than your child?  Why do you imply that my son has less value throughout your post?  My son is every bit as good and valuable as your child, even if you do not view him that way.  God clearly does not feel the need to create us all the same or He would have created us all as good looking as Dominic.  Polymicrogyria translates to mean many small folds.  It simply describes the shape of his brain.  There are certainly symptoms associated with this brain structure, but who are you to say that fewer folds are better?  Can God not choose to create someone with a brain different from your own?

Perhaps I have not accurately conveyed my concerns for my son or my own motivations.  I don't care if my son does not walk or talk.  I am only concerned that my son will not be able to do things he wants to do.  That is why I work so hard with him now.  I have no idea what he will want to do later, so I am trying to give him all the tools to do what he wants to do.  If he doesn't care if he walks then neither do I.  If he wants to communicate with me solely with his perfect smile, well then I'll give him one right back.

So you see, my son couldn't have been created with any help from Satan.  Looking in his eyes is the closest to God I've ever been.

Love,

Twisty

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Don't let this person get to you. People can throw around scripture all day and either have absolutely no clue or feel entitled to tell others why their lives are a certain waywhat's going to happen to them in the future. Last time I checked, Anonymous wasn't God...well, I guess they could be since they're Anonymous but if that's the case, then we are all screwed! Speaking of Anonymous, if this person is so confident in their God and their knowledge, why do they feel the need to be Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled here from a tumblr page about Johnny Manziel, but I'm glad I did. Keep the faith and stay prayed up. None of us know what God's plan is, but whatever it is, as has been previously stated, your family has been enriched and made better from the circumstances dealt.

    I love the quote from Gandhi...so much so that I will be using it in a future blog post.

    I hope that you and your family remain stead fast in your faith and always remain hopeful.

    ReplyDelete