Monday, August 5, 2013

As long as its healthy

Today we had Dominic's appointment with the audiologist (which he passed!).  I've gotten used to the terrified looks and condolences (which I typically just ignore and judge later from the comfort of my own home) when people hear about my beautiful son, but today I was hit with the unexpected. A completely. appropriate. response. You know I'm serious because I used periods between words.

Today our new audiologist who clearly had no idea what I was talking about when I told her my son has congenital CMV, despite her valiant efforts to convey otherwise, simply said to me, "my husband and I are thinking about having a baby. You never know what to expect."  It wasn't her words that were spot on; it was her conveyance that she would not be horrified to be in my position.  For that I thank you, Dr. W. Well done. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment