Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One small step for man

One giant douche for mankind...

I witnessed something today. Something that was truly terrible. It was such a raw form of bigotry that left my day disrupted and left me shaking for hours in anger.  I saw my old high school principal refer to special needs kids as defective on Facebook. You sir are the only defective person I see here.  I do not and will not stand idly by and watch someone like my son called anything ugly. I have warned on here before that if you come at mine, I will come at you.  I sent the following email to his boss and copied upper management:



Mr. So and so,

I was very disappointed to see a reference one of your employees, Blah blah blah used on a social media site refering to a special needs person as "defective".  I have attached a screen shot of the incident for your reference.  In the media age that we live in, it is very important for employees to maintain a professional demeanor at all times espcecially on public forums such as this.  

I certainly hope this is not a tolerated way to refer to individuals who are differently abled.  I find it extremely disappointing that a person in a management position would find social media an appropriate venue to discuss his hateful message.  By representing himself in this manner online, he not only brings into question his own integrity but also the integrity of an employer where this public behavior can appear to be deemed tolerable.

As a mother of a special needs child, active in many support and advocacy groups, I try to send a message of hope and acceptance.  Small minded, bigoted statements such as these made on public forums greatly diminish the message we are trying to send.

I thank you for your time and appreciate that you will handle this situation as you deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Twisty Yamagucci

(Names have been changed because Twisty knows better than to spread her hate in any way but anonymously).

His post was later removed, and I feel accomplished.  Gomminic, I promise you this, no hate or prejudice will go to you untouched.  I will take on those bastards one bigot at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment