Friday, August 30, 2013

Dommy Football

I got a little story for you ags...

With everything going on with our life, I think a lot about people and whether people are inherently good.  Naturally, I wonder how people are going to treat my Gominic.  I question if he will have any friends, I wonder if he will ever have a relationship with a girl.  I may not ever quit wondering those things, but today for the first time, I was able to know that no matter how our story ends, people are good.  And people will always care about my Gominic.

For those of you who have followed our story from the beginning, even before there was much of a story to tell, you know that we have often referred to our Dominic as "Dommy Football" or as Vincent would say "Gommy Football".  In the beginning of our story, there were helmets and there was no scary diagnosis, and we could truly believe there would be real helmets in our future.  There may not have been real helmets, but there was a real football.


A friend sent a package full of wonderful things (including this football) to cheer us up.  I cannot tell you how much it meant to us.  Sometimes we feel like we walk a lonely road.  It is stuff like this that reminds us that people care.

This story would be amazing and happy and wonderful if it ended there, but there was so much more kindness involved.  You see, our friend did not buy this football for us.  He went to a lot of trouble to put this together.  He worked some connections that he had that led to Johnny.  He was hoping that Johnny would write a little note for us.  But Johnny did much more than that.  We are not sure if it was Johnny himself or perhaps the Manziels, but one of them bought this football for our very own Dommy Football.  Johnny signed and personalized this football in the middle of the entire country criticizing him for doing this very thing.  He took the time from his busy life to make a little boy feel special.  People are inherently good.  Thank you Matt and Johnny for reminding me of that today.

Also, don't speak ill of Johnny in my presence;  he deserves sainthood in my book.


2 comments:

  1. Funny how they don't report on the good things Johnny does. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless them both, Dommy and Johnny Football. The best things in life are paid for from the heart.

    ReplyDelete